Friday, November 23, 2007

I Love Collage Tarot





Ever since I saw Nik Douglas and Penny Slinger's "Secret Dakini Oracle Deck" I've had a penchant for divination cards (and anything else) done in collage. I really love Dada and Surrealist collage. Years ago my friends, The Ladies Benevolent Friendly Society, and I used to sit around making collage Tarot trumps on Friday nights, but these ones pictured here are from a later period, although still quite a few years ago from now. My pal Bill reminded me about Salvador Dali's collage Tarot, and I recalled that I actually own it - thanks for Louise's brother who got it in Spain - so now have dusted it off and am about to look over them again. Then of course there's the very glam "Voyager" Tarot that are also collage, very slick - I don't own them, but used to sort of gaze at them when I worked at Nigel Cooper's Tarot shop in St Kilda, "Mythical Moon". Bloody hell, today has been such a day of remembering stuff...

2 comments:

Universal Singularity said...

Hi,

My friend was telling me about her amazing Secret Dakini deck and while looking it up, I stumbled upon your blog. If you haven't heard of it, The Zerner Farber Tarot Deck is a beautiful collage tarot deck. I believe it is fabric collage, victorian and gorgeous. Very interesting blog. Merry meet.

Stacey Gates said...

IMMEDIATE LOVE SPELL WITHIN 2 DAYS .. DR ZADSON

Hello everyone am on this blog to testifying about the goodness of EDUDU ZADSON TEMPLE in my life for helping me bring back my lost love in a space of 48 hours. I saw comments of how he helps people amend broken relationship and bring back lost love and decicded to let him help me also when i lost my ex 5 months ago. To cut it all short it is the evidence of his fast results that reuslted to me testifying about his good works. If you are in such situation, cry no more but contact Dr Zadson on eduduzadsontemple@yahoo.com and experience an amazing turn around in your situation...